Dogwood Coffee is hiring a Retail Manager for our St. Paul location!
Title: Retail Manager
Reports to: Managing Partner
Overview: The Retail Manager works as a barista and helps oversee and manage operations at the cafe level. This includes staff management/scheduling, product and supply orders, and other administrative functions and reporting.
• Foster healthy working environment for staff, address personnel issues
• Create shift schedule, arrange monthly staff meetings and meetings with owner
• Involvement in hiring and training
• Manage payroll and control labor costs
• Assist with arranging staff social events
• Manage inventory of all retail items and necessary ingredients for menu execution
• Maintain a clean and organized space
• Foster communication between coffee bar and roastery
• Schedule cafe equipment maintenance as needed
• Finalize bi-weekly payroll reports for submission to payroll manager
• Other administrative tasks as needed
• Ability to help maintain Dogwood Coffee’s high standards for product quality, customer service and a healthy working environment
• Maintain an ongoing interest in continued learning about coffee in general and Dogwood’s specific coffee offerings
• Develop, maintain and communicate a working knowledge of the journey of coffee from seed to cup
• Must like people!
• Genuine interest in the coffee industry
• Previous experience in coffee cafe environment
• Previous experience in personnel management preferred
• Barista skills, espresso machine operating experience
• Attention to detail and accuracy, ability to meet regular administrative deadlines
• Awesome people skills as it relates to conflict resolution and customer service
• Ability to maintain positive outlook and deal with stress in a healthy way
If you're interested in becoming part of our team and you love coffee, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.