We are no longer accepting resumes for this position. Thank you for your interest.
Dogwood Coffee is hiring a retail manager for our Uptown/Calhoun Square location.
Title: Retail Manager, Uptown/Calhoun SquareReports to: OwnerPay rate: Hourly, depends on experience.Overview: The retail manager position oversees operational activities of the coffee bar including staff management, customer experience, product inventory and financial management.
- Foster healthy working environment for staff, address personnel issues.
- Create shift schedule, arrange monthly staff meetings and meetings with owner.
- Involvement in hiring and training.
- Manage payroll and control labor costs.
- Assist with arranging staff social events.
- Manage inventory of all retail items and necessary ingredients for menu execution.
- Maintain a clean and organized space.
- Foster communication between coffee bar, warehouse and landlord.
- Manage equipment maintenance and water filtration.
- Become educated on financials and POS operation.
- Understand, advocate for and stand behind Dogwood Coffee’s values and philosophies behind coffee, customer service and maintaining a healthy working environment.
- Up to date knowledge of Dogwood’s specific coffees and Neon espresso.
- Develop, maintain and be able to share a working knowledge of the process of coffee from seed to cup.
- Previous experience in coffee retail.
- Barista skills, basic machine maintenance skills.
- Independent worker, self-driven.
- Genuine interest in the coffee industry.
- Awesome people skills as it relates to conflict resolution and customer service.
- Ability to maintain positive outlook and deal with stress in a healthy way.
- Must think dogs are just great.
Please send a resume and cover letter to info[at]dogwoodcoffee.com. Please no phone calls. Resumes sent without a cover letter will NOT be considered. We will accept resumes through Wednesday, December 16th.